Steve is an independent financial advisor in his fourth decade of helping clients reach their financial goals through investment analysis and financial planning. Prior to joining ZRC, he managed individuals’ wealth at Bay Isle Financial, from 1996 to 2005, and at Phocas Financial, which he co-founded, from 2005 to 2023.
In addition, Steve has extensive experience with institutional portfolios in the small cap value and large cap value strategy, managing over $1 billion in assets for government and company pension plans, foundations, and endowments. He also served as a senior financial analyst in M&T Bank’s corporate finance department and as an employee benefit plan actuarial consultant at Howard Johnson & Company.
A youth softball and baseball coach for 15 years, Steve now spends his free time hitting home runs and diving for fly balls with the Walnut Creek Creakers slow-pitch softball league and traveling with his wife.
Education and Professional Certifications
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Quantitative Economic Decision Science — University of California, San Diego
- MBA in Accounting and Finance — University of Michigan Ross School of Business
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- Member, CFA Society San Francisco
- Former Investment Board Member, Cancer Support Community of the Bay Area
- Former Eagle Scout Coordinator, Committee Chair and Cubmaster, Boy Scouts of America
- Former Coach, League Commissioner and Board Member, San Ramon Valley Girls Athletic League
- Former Softball Coach, Head-Royce High School
- Former Baseball Coach, San Ramon Valley Little League