Wealth Advisor & Financial Planner – ZRC Wealth Management, LLC (based at least part-time in our Walnut Creek, California office at 200 Pringle Avenue, Suite 400 and remote (should you desire)).
Are you a blossoming wealth advisor and financial planner who feels they cannot do their best work at the firm you are currently with? Does your current employer not have the same client-first approach and professional standards you do? Do you wonder if there might be a better fit, or a model, out there for you?
ZRC Wealth Management, LLC could be that place! We are a fee-only, independent Registered Investment Advisor and wealth management firm with offices in Walnut Creek and Santa Rosa. We have amazing clients that we strive each day to do our very best work for and we are growing!
We are seeking to add a new Wealth Advisor & Financial Planner to our team, someone who is interested in building a long‐term career. This person will be the lead advisor on a number of new and existing relationships. Our ideal candidate thrives on being a trusted advisor, is passionate about helping others, has an entrepreneurial spirit and believes strongly in providing exceptional client service. Someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a positive, can‐do attitude. We believe in offering a rewarding and personally fulfilling career with a work-life balance.
With your extraordinary knowledge and incomparable integrity, we know that clients invest their trust in you. Join a team that also invests in you with key service offerings, industry leading technology and a premier investment platform. ZRC Wealth coordinates the financial well-being for more than 160 family and corporate relationships, overseeing and directly managing nearly $300 million in client assets (mostly through Schwab Advisor Services). You will build long-term, dedicated relationships with clients by bringing them peace of mind as you guide them through wealth management and retirement planning strategies.
If you have been looking for a place where you can focus on building meaningful client relationships as part of a hard-working, highly collaborative team, we currently have an opening for a Wealth Advisor & Financial Planner based in our Walnut Creek, California office.
Founded in 1999, ZRC Wealth Management, LLC is a Northern California based Registered Investment Advisor with a rich history of providing personalized wealth management services to discerning individuals, families, and companies across the United States. As an independent and privately held firm – ZRC specializes in helping investors grow, manage, and protect their wealth. As a Fiduciary, ZRC is dedicated to putting our clients’ best interest first.
ZRC is fee-only – meaning we are solely compensated by our clients – reducing conflicts of interest and aligning their goals with ours. With offices in Walnut Creek and Santa Rosa, we serve more than 160 clients throughout Northern California and across the globe. ZRC manages investment portfolios based on Nobel-prize-winning academic research, and primarily structure our portfolios with factor-based mutual funds (such as those pioneered by Dimensional Fund Advisors, given their lower costs and long-term expected performance) and ETFs.
Our services are delivered by utilizing the very best industry technology and for clients that are even a little tech savvy, are 100% on the cloud and paperless. We even have a ZRC Wealth app where clients can access all their financial information on their smartphone or tablet. Comprehensive, high-touch, and easy to understand are the hallmarks of what we execute for clients each and every day.
Duties and Responsibilities
A Wealth Advisor & Financial Planner performs on the following key areas:
- Is the primary point of contact with clients, speaking and meeting with them, developing and delivering comprehensive financial plans.
- Engages with clients to understand their life experience, their current situation, their aspirations, and to develop strategies to help them achieve their desired personal and financial goals.
- Analyzes prospective clients’ investment portfolios and financial plans.
- Manages client communications and follow-up with clients’ other professional advisors.
- Provides client meeting support – schedules meetings, prepares materials and follows-up with clients after meetings.
- Manages client information – prepare client reports, submit, and follow up on necessary paperwork, regularly update CRM.
- Develops, maintains, and improves systems for monitoring workflows.
- Contributes and/or leads firm initiatives around business development, client events, client communications, service model and technology.
- Involved in the financial planning profession, local FPA chapter, and attend conferences to ensure the firm is at the forefront of the profession.
The Wealth Advisor position typically requires the following qualifications:
- 2+ years financial services industry experience and a four-year college degree.
- Personable, warm, engaging, empathetic, poised, and diplomatic.
- Ideal candidate will be a Certified Financial Planner™ professional or be enrolled in a CFP program and working towards their CFP designation. A CPA with the PFS (Personal Financial Specialist designation) or working towards their PFS is also acceptable.
- CFA, CIC, and ChFC are also acceptable if they will also work towards their CFP designation.
- Absent the above designation, the Series 65 license is required or the Series 7 and 66 licenses.
- Ability to think critically, anticipate issues and prioritize multiple projects.
- Experience with High-Net-Worth clients.
- Familiarity with the operational aspects of an investment advisory firm (new account openings, disbursements, asset and account transfers, etc.).
- Minimum two years’ experience developing financial plans (preferably utilizing leading financial planning software such as MoneyGuidePro or eMoney) and presenting them to clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving, solutions-oriented approach.
- Must be organized, meticulous, detail-oriented, and able to multitask.
- Team player, able to interact well with clients and all levels of the firm.
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment.
- Highly technology savvy with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, CRM, and other programs.
- Professional appearance and etiquette.
- Experience with broker/ dealer custody operations (such as Schwab Advisor Services, Fidelity Institutional, TD Ameritrade Institutional, or Pershing) a major plus.
- Experience with rebalancing software such as Tamarac, iRebal, or Morningstar TRX a plus.
- Experience with the Tamarac Reporting system a plus.
- Knowledge of investments and financial markets.
The ZRC Team:
You will be joining a team that is dedicated to helping our clients achieve their goals by providing exceptional investment management and wealth planning services. Putting our clients first guides our decision-making and culture, and allows us to build long-term, caring, and trusted relationships.
We love working in a professional yet relaxed working environment. We encourage openness, active listening, mutual respect, candor, and integrity. We cultivate a diverse and inclusive work environment where we encourage a work/life balance through a generous PTO policy and flexible work hours. We enjoy each other’s company at team and firm wide outings.
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are each involved in our communities through volunteerism and philanthropy.
Compensation and Benefits
ZRC Wealth Management seeks exceptional employees. Therefore, it is the philosophy of the company to employ a compensation plan to reward exceptional performance.
- Compensation consists of a base salary plus generous individual performance bonuses based on individual performance as well as company performance bonus. Compensation commensurate with skills, experience, and if clients are brought over.
- Empowered Paid Time Off. You are simply allowed to take as much time off as you need for sick days, personal days, and extended time-off (beyond one day).
- Additionally, you receive all nine NYSE stock market holidays off: New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Washington’s Birthday, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
- Financial support for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits for you as well as partial assistance for your immediate family members (exact details TBD based on your needs).
- Financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities.
- Opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and grow professionally as the firm grows.
- Full time position with a flexible schedule that can involve telecommuting (aka working from home or elsewhere) should you desire.
- Candidates will be required to provide professional references and undergo a background check.
- ZRC appreciates the value of a balanced life.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter stating how their experience and interests make them well-suited for this position and their resume to ZRC Wealth Management at email@example.com.
For more on ZRC Wealth Management LLC visit www.zrcwm.com.
ZRC Wealth Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ZRC Wealth Management expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, political views, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZRC employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.