Client Service Associate – ZRC Wealth Management LLC based in either our Santa Rosa or Walnut Creek Offices
Founded in 1999, ZRC Wealth Management, LLC is a Northern California based Registered Investment Advisor that provides personalized wealth management services to discerning individuals, families, and companies across the United States. As an independent and privately held firm – ZRC specializes in helping investors grow, manage, and protect their wealth. As a Fiduciary, ZRC is dedicated to putting our clients’ best interest first.
ZRC is fee-only – meaning we are solely compensated by our clients – reducing conflicts of interest and aligning their goals with ours. With offices in Santa Rosa, Walnut Creek, and St. Helena, we serve more than 150 clients throughout Northern California and across the globe. These clients entrust us with more than $200 million of assets to manage or advise on. We manage investment portfolios based on Nobel-prize-winning academic research, and primarily structure our portfolios with factor-based mutual funds (such as those pioneered by Dimensional Fund Advisors, given their lower costs and long-term expected performance) and ETFs.
Our services are delivered by utilizing the very best industry technology and for clients that are even a little tech savvy, are 100% on the cloud and paperless. We even have a ZRC Wealth app where clients can access all their financial information on their smartphone or tablet. Comprehensive, high-touch, and easy to understand are the hallmarks of what we execute for clients each and every day.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
The primary function of the Client Service Associate is to provide a wide range of service, administrative and relationship management support to the client relationship team and wealth advisors. This role is a professional financial services operations role and the person will have direct contact with clients via phone, email, Zoom, and sometimes in-person. This role is for someone who likes making things happen behind the scenes and supporting others.
The role is responsible for coordination and completion of operational tasks in support of our clients and advisors. The primary goal is to provide a stable foundation of seamless operational execution for our clients so that their Advisors can focus on building a relationship and adding value through financial planning and investment management. In addition, the role will deliver client value directly through operational expertise and assisting both clients and advisors in navigating complex custodial and cash management situations.
- Deliver exceptional client service – interface with clients, Wealth Advisors & Resource Partners, monitor client service requests, troubleshoot problems and ensure tasks are completed.
- Set up new accounts, execute asset transfers, and assist clients in completing firm and custodian paperwork.
- Assist in managing client information – submit and follow up on necessary paperwork, regularly update Redtail CRM and Envestnet Tamarac Portfolio Management software.
- Work closely as part of the service team to ensure client requests are completed in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Assist with coordinating Client Appreciation events, surveys, and general client outreach.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from clients, CPAs, Estate Planning Attorneys and other third parties via phone, e-mail or in person. This requires an ability to interact with clients and third parties directly to support their varied needs.
- Open and close client accounts and complete any corresponding paperwork that pertains to account maintenance.
- Facilitate and execute client monetary and/or securities transfers as necessary.
- Generate and review quarter end and custom reporting for clients.
- Provide tax related documents to clients and third parties as needed.
- Troubleshoot and tackle various operational issues (accounts, client set up) utilizing a proactive approach.
- Maintain and follow processes and procedures while actively look for opportunities to implement improvements and efficiencies.
- Broker/Dealer or investment custodian experience required, such as Schwab Advisor Services, Fidelity Institutional, TD Ameritrade, etc. (Schwab is highly preferred as that is our primary custodian).
- Experience with Microsoft Office required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS 365/Outlook Email.
- CRM experience a must – experience with RedTail CRM a plus.
- Competent with file sharing cloud-based systems, such as Citrix Files /ShareFile.
- Envestnet/Tamarac experience very desirable, or some form of Portfolio Performance Management experience.
- Experience with email marketing such as MailChimp or Constant Contact a plus.
- Experience with video conferencing such as Zoom.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interface with clients, prospects, custodians and colleagues.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Use of considerable tact and discretion when dealing with client or sensitive data.
- Full-time position. However, for the right person we may offer the flexibility to work less than full-time and have a more flexible work schedule to allow for care of young children or family members.
- At least 1 year of related experience.
- Four year college degree.
- Personable, warm, engaging, empathetic, poised, and diplomatic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving, solutions-oriented approach – ability to take logical next steps.
- Must be organized, meticulous, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Team player, able to interact well with clients and all levels of the firm.
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment with the ability to work independently.
- Professional in appearance, etiquette, and communications.
- Of the highest ethics and integrity (finalists for the position will go through a background check).
We want hard working team players. Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
The ZRC Team:
You will be joining a team that is dedicated to helping our clients achieve their goals by providing exceptional investment management and wealth planning services. Putting our clients first guides our decision-making and culture, and allows us to build long-term, caring and trusted relationships.
We love working in a professional yet relaxed working environment. We encourage openness, active listening, mutual respect, candor and integrity. We cultivate a diverse and inclusive work environment where we encourage a work/life balance through a generous PTO policy and flexible work hours. We enjoy each other’s company at team and firm wide outings.
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are each involved in our communities through volunteerism and philanthropy.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
- Base salary starting at $50k – $70k per year or more depending on qualifications and experience. This is position is exempt from overtime.
- Participation in quarterly and annual bonuses.
- 401K retirement plan.
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- Payment for classes and study materials for professional education.
- Three weeks of paid-time-off the first year, four the second year, and five the third year. Vacation can be banked over multiple years so that you can take an extended time off (such as a month or longer).
- Additionally, you receive all nine NYSE stock market holidays off: New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Washington’s Birthday, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
- Flexible, professional, high-tech work environment.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter stating how their experience and interests make them well-suited for this position and their resume to ZRC Wealth Management at email@example.com .
For more on ZRC Wealth Management LLC visit www.zrcwm.com
ZRC Wealth Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ZRC Wealth Management expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, political views, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZRC employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.