What to Expect as a Client of ZRC Wealth Management
Welcome to ZRC Wealth Management! Here is an outline explaining what you can expect as a valued client of ZRC. Please contact us at any time if you have questions, concerns, or thoughts. We look forward to earning your trust each and every day and helping you reach your financial goals.
Communications – When You Will Hear From Us
We communicate frequently! We typically send you information via email, including:
- Periodic Newsletters – An e-newsletter with financial planning and investment-related articles approximately every six weeks.
- Quarterly Reports – As described below under “Quarterly Portfolio Reports.”
We will contact you personally whenever we have a specific question, thought or recommendation for you, meeting request, etc. We encourage you to contact us any time you would like to speak or meet with us.
Communications – When You Will Hear From Charles Schwab & Co.
You will receive multiple ongoing communications from Schwab including; monthly account statements; trade confirmations, communications if you change/update your Schwab login credentials, profile, or contact information; and annual tax reports (1099s). If you enroll in eDelivery, you will receive an email when your monthly statement is ready for online viewing (and downloading or printing, if you wish) and you will receive trade confirmations via email. Most other Schwab communications (including your annual 1099s) will be sent via hard copy to your address of record. Although some clients wish to receive fewer communications (especially trade confirmations), Schwab has a legal obligation to notify you every time there is a change to or within your accounts. If you ever have questions or concerns regarding communications from Schwab, simply let us know or, if you prefer, you may contact Schwab directly at (800) 515-2157.
Meetings – When We Would Like to Meet with You
We like to meet with you in-person at least once a year to review your financial goals and discuss investment strategy and performance. As a new client, we like to meet more often (two to four times a year). However, that is entirely up to you. If meeting in-person is not possible, we offer Zoom video conferencing and screen sharing – which is very easy to use (see www.zoom.us and below for instructions). Of course, we are happy to communicate by phone and email as well.
Portfolio Statements and Reports
Monthly Account Statements from Charles Schwab – You will receive statements from Charles Schwab that show beginning and ending account balances and all activity within each of your accounts. You can elect to receive paper statements in the mail or electronic statements via Schwab’s website (by enrolling in Schwab’s eDelivery service). If you elect to receive statements by mail (most clients choose eDelivery as they are available online for ten years), you will only receive a monthly statement when there is activity in your account(s) for that month. Otherwise, you will receive statements quarterly. If you have a 401K account with Schwab, you cannot choose eDelivery as paper delivery is required by law.
Quarterly Portfolio Reports – Each quarter ZRC produces and sends to you (by saving to your ShareFile / Portfolio Reports folder or to those that request it by mail), comprehensive quarterly portfolio reports. These include a snapshot of your total portfolio, asset allocation illustrations, performance reports, individual investments held in each account, and management fees paid from your accounts. Reports are preceded by our quarterly investment and market commentary.
Other – If you ever wish to receive a specific piece of portfolio information, simply ask! Call or email us with your request and we will send the information as quickly as possible.
Establishing Your Schwab Login
To learn about all the tools and services available through ZRC’s relationship with Charles Schwab and Schwab Advisor Services visit the Client Learning Center HERE.
To establish your login credentials for Schwab’s website, please follow these instructions:
- Click HERE
- Call Schwab Alliance at (800) 515-2157. We are more than happy to host this phone call to help you through the process. If you wish to include us, please phone Kelly Gillette first at (707) 524-6131 and she will initiate the phone call to Schwab Alliance.
- The representative will confirm your identity and provide you with a temporary password.
- Login using the temporary password.
- Consent to the agreements; establish a permanent password, etc. During this initial login, you will be asked a multiple-choice question asking you to confirm a holding in one of your accounts. This question is presented for security purposes and is a step where we can be of particular help, especially if you do not have current account information in front of you.
Moving Money in and out of your Schwab account(s)
There are several ways to deposit, withdraw, and transfer funds in and out of your Schwab account(s). Including;
- Wire Transfers
- Transferring funds between Schwab accounts
- Regular or as needed Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) with another financial institution.
- Depositing checks on your phone or iPad using the Mobile App.
Click on the following link to learn about these options and others;
Schwab Learning Center
To deposit checks by mail.
- Make the check payable to “Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. FBO <your specific account number>.” If all that does not fit, please continue on the Memo or For line.
- Mail it to the applicable address below, depending on carrier service:
If by regular mail:
Charles Schwab & Co. Inc.
P.O. Box 982603
El Paso, TX 79998-2603
If by FedEx/UPS:
Charles Schwab & Co. Inc.
1945 Northwestern Drive
El Paso, Texas 79912
To deposit a check or cash in person, you can go to a Schwab branch. Your local branches are:
Walnut Creek Branch
1231 S. California Blvd
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
San Ramon Branch
3150 Crow Canyon Road
San Ramon, CA 94583
Santa Rosa Branch
200 Fourth Street, Suite #100
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Also in; Novato, Napa, Corte Madera, Pleasanton, Oakland, Berkeley, San Francisco, Fremont, Menlo Park, Los Altos, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Campbell, Reno, and 300 other places.
Or you may locate a branch anywhere in the nation, London, and Puerto Rico by visiting www.schwab.com and clicking on “Branch Locator” at the top of the page.
ZRC ShareFile Login
Early on in the “new client onboarding process” you were sent an email giving access to our secure online portal: https://zrcwm.sharefile.com
Hopefully, you’ve created a Password and can access your online portal and folder. Links to all the client websites and portal can be found under “Client Login” at the very top of our website.
Download the ShareFile App on your Smart Device
It is a free App. Go to the App store in your smart device and look for the Citrix/ShareFile symbol.
Click “Get” or “download” and load it to your iPhone, android, tablet, or iPad. Set up access in Add an Account (as pictured). You will now be able to access your ZRC files on the go.
In ShareFile, you will see the following four folders:
Documents contains a copy of your signed Wealth Management Agreement and Investment Policy Statement.
Financial Planning contains a copy of your Client Questionnaire, Comprehensive Financial Plan, supporting financial plan documents, and other financial or investment analysis we may have done for you.
Meeting Materials contains materials we reviewed with your during a specific meeting and follow-up items as well.
Portfolio Reports contains your quarterly Portfolio Report.
Your Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
The investment policy statement (IPS) is the cornerstone of the investment management process. The IPS establishes a clear understanding between the you (the Client) and ZRC Wealth Management as to the goals and objectives as well as the policies applicable in the management of your investment portfolio. It is a best practice used many Registered Investment Advisors, Fiduciaries, ultra high net-worth investors as well as large, institutional investors (such as pensions, endowments, and foundations). The IPS:
- Establishes reasonable expectations, objectives, guidelines and criteria used to measure an appropriate investment plan.
- Encourages clear, candid, and effective communications between the Client(s) and Advisor in regards to investment management decisions and services provided.
- Establishes the investment structure with regards to permissible asset classes, asset allocation targets, and points in which to measure risk and return outcomes.
- Provides a frame of reference that will help keep us focused on long-term objectives. This focus is especially valuable during periods of market volatility when there may be a temptation to react to short-term factors.
- Describes ZRC’s investment philosophy and manager selection process.
The IPS should be reviewed annually – or as your financial goals and circumstances change. Though it is not a legal document, ZRC requests that you sign off on the IPS every time we review it.
MoneyGuidePro Financial Planning Software
MoneyGuidePro is our collaborative internet-based financial planning software. It is designed to help us (as your financial planners and Personal Financial Officer) help you define, work towards, and achieve your financial and life goals.
At the onset of the financial planning process, you will be given a User ID and Password. Once you have those, you can log into the program here; Moneyguide Pro
Zoom: Video Conferencing and Screen Sharing
To provide the highest quality service, personal communication, and save our clients time and money, we offer video-conferencing and screen-sharing. ZRC Wealth Management utilizes Zoom – the leader in the modern video-communications.
The URL to join a meeting is https://www.zoom.us/join (for the best performance, we recommend you download the “client” first).
Zoom works great on an iPad, iPhone, tablet, or Android device. Download the app from the app store.